Four Ways to Support Mental Health Programs in Campbell River

At the Beacon Club, we provide a safe and supportive environment for adults living with mental illness in Campbell River. Our programs and services help our members improve their emotional, spiritual and physical wellness, stay active and engaged, and enjoy a sense of belonging and community.

Some of the programs and services we offer are:

  • Lunches five times a week with healthy and affordable options
  • Special holiday events, group games, music, outings, and more
  • Mindfulness and tapping meditation
  • Crafts

Programs we want to offer include:

  • Diabetes education, effective communication, organizational skills, and support groups
  • Onsite nurse once a month for health check-ups and referrals
  • Advocacy service
  • Swimming, bowling, walks, and easy exercise programs for adults who are generally sedentary.

These programs and services make a huge difference in the lives of our members, who often face isolation, stigma, and discrimination due to their mental health challenges. They also help reduce the demand on the health care system and other social services by promoting recovery and wellness.

However, we need your help to keep these programs and services running. Island Health only covers 67% of our expenses, and we are required to raise the other 33% through fundraising, grants, and user fees. Our members pay a small user fee for most services to encourage empowerment as they live on a disability pension of approximately $1500 per month to cover all their living expenses (rent, food, utilities, clothing, etc).

That's why we are asking you to contribute to our fundraising campaign. Our goal is to raise $70,000 by March 31, 2025. This amount will help us cover the costs of our programs and services for the current year, and ensure that we can continue to support our members in their recovery journey.

Please, make a difference today by:

Financial donations over $25 will receive a tax receipt and will be gratefully acknowledged. Thank you for your generosity and compassion.

Purchase to Win and Support Mental Health Programs

Starting May 1, 2024, online 50/50 raffles begin the 1st of each month and close the last day of each month.  Winner is drawn in the first week of the following month and will be contacted by email or phone.

Purchasers must be residents of B.C. and 19 years of age or older.

BC Gaming Licence # 151080

Donate your refundable drink containers

Refundables can either be dropped off at the Club Monday - Friday 8:30am - 2:30pm  (between Redden Net and Dick’s Fish and Chips on the Island  Highway)


by calling  250-2876-8828 to arrange a pick up!

50 50 Raffle

We're having Monthly 50/50 Raffles beginning May 1, 2024!

Click Here to Purchase Tickets 


BC Gaming Licence # 151080